Monday, April 21, 2008

Homesick at Home


I thought that I would share something that I read in my Bible Study called "Heaven"......... Do you recall a time when you were away from your earthly home and desperately missed it? Do you remember how your heart ached for home? That's how we should feel about Heaven. We are a displaced people, longing for our home. C.S. Lewis said, "If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explantion is that I was made for another world."
Nothing is more often midsdiagnosed than our homesickness for Heaven. We think that what we want is sex, drugs, alcohol, a new job, a raise, a spouse, a new car, or a cabin in the woods. What we really want is the person we were made for -Jesus- and the place we were made for - Heaven. Nothing less can satisfy. Randy Alcorn

This is so interesting and so true! I am very blessed and very happy with my life but no matter how good things are going there is always something missing. Something that I could not figure out. I agree with C.S. Lewis, it is because we are not truly made for this world. Interesting!

No comments: