Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ugly Pregnant Syndrome



I am in a fashion crisis. The cause............pregnancy. I truly have good intentions of getting up and "fixing" myself up before work but I am failing miserably. I once swore that I would never, ever wear a moo moo during pregnancy but now I would pay good money for one. Actually I would not pay good money. That is half of the problem, I don't want to spend a lot of money on maternity clothes so I am throwing together what has been handed down and what is comfortable. I look a mess really. Today, I have on a long blue jean skirt (which I would never wear unpregnatized) some flat shoes with ribbons (which I would never wear unpregnatized) and a faded black shirt (which has made been passed through and worn by atleast 3 pregnant women) I attempted to do my make up but it just did not apply well. My hair is not too horrible but it still has some body to it due to sleeping on it. It should be flat by 11:00. I lay in the bed in the morning and debate with myself about getting up. The husband keeps waiting for me to go to work in my pajamas. You can get away with a lot being pregnant but I don't think that pajamas would pass. It is pitiful! I am just too tired to get all of this moving. Plus, K has started coming and getting in bed with me early in the morning and he is just too precious to leave. He wraps his arms around my neck and breathes his little stinky breath in my face. It is just too precious to leave. I lay there and bargain........5 more minutes if I do my make-up in the car...........15 more minutes if I don't wash my hair..............5 more minutes if I lay here and visualize what I am going to put on instead of getting up to look in the closet...........it is sad really! Oh well, hopefully I will not "let myself go" forever.


On second thought, Maybe if I continue to dress in this fashionless manner someone will turn me in to "What not to wear" and I can go to New York and be given a $5,000 shopping spree. That would ROCK!

1 comment:

The Cameron Family said...

Well, at least you only have a short time to go!! That snuggle time is too precious, enjoy it while you can. At least you haven't migrated to the pjs to work yet but like your husband, I too can see that happening and it aint purty!!! Hang in there girl!!!