Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It Just Got Serious!!!

So, our preacher has been preaching about Amercia's Place in Phrophecy. He believes that the United States is not mentioned in the bible. He believes that America is in trouble. Now, I have not taken the time to really research this and form my own opinion but it I truly respect and trust my pastor. He is obviously so deeply burdened by the direction that America is headed. I know that God is totally in control of our future and I know that God is a loving God but even God has his limits. Americans have turned thier back on God, so why do we expect him to continue and bless us. I don't know what the future holds but I know that God holds our future and that in order for things to change we must cry out to him. We, as a nation, must repent and ask for his forgiveness. It is a known fact that people turn to God when there is a big tragedy (ex: 9/11) but then turn away when things level out. What is it going to take to truly make America turn to God and stay there? It is serious to me because I have two precious children that will grow up in the great country and I don't want God to give up on us. Christians must quit tip toeing around unbelievers and being scared of offending them. I am offended that they have turned thier back on God and are just living the life that they want to live. Everyone complains about the economy and so on but sit back and think a minute......we have done this to ourselves. He has blessed us with too much for us to just think that we don't need him. The bible completely tells us how to live a good life but we seem to ignore and go against everything in it. So, I will pray for America and its future, I will ask that you do the same, and I will pray that God will not turn his back on us as we have turned our back on him. This is not a fun subject for it is a subject that needs to be addressed. Please pray for our country, the country that our children will grow up in.

No comments: